Wild & Tame: Hair and Mane Pack Medium
New Zealand Corriedale - 27-30 Micron
- Character: Medium Fiber
- Staple Length: Approximately 4-4.5 inches
- Form: Top/Sliver is processed in a way that all the fibers are combed and going direction resulting in a long length
- Breed: Corriedale
- Wet Felting: Wet felts easily, and creates a stiff felt
- Needle Felting: Good for realistic long fur on needle felted animals, doll hair, and even beards
- Responsibly & sustainably sourced...no mulesing
14 Colors of Fiber to blend for beautiful hair and fur. 1/2 oz per color
This curated pack of fibers is perfect for needle felting hair for humans and dolls, or coats for pets and wild animals!
The colors included form a great foundation for many hair and fur colors and blends!
At 27+ microns, the fiber is medium-coarse and the staple length averages 4+ inches. Both of these characteristics make this Hair and Mane - Medium pack great needle felting hair onto art dolls, character dolls, and 3D sculptures of animals. It is also perfect for needle felting 2D portraits of people and animals that are not intended to be wet felted.
While this fiber can be wet felted, we have a pack of fine fibers that are better suited for this process.
If you are looking to needle felt and then wet felt a portrait, check out our Wild & Tame: Hair and Mane Pack - FINE
Looking for tips on needle felting hairstyles for dolls?
Check out this free tutorial:
Want to see how to blend fiber for various coloring of fur coats in animals?
See this free video tutorial: