Wild & Tame: Hair and Mane Pack Fine
Merino Top- 19.5 Micron
- Character: Very Smooth, Fine Fiber
- Staple Length: Approximately 2-2.5 inches
- Form: Top/Sliver is processed in a way that all fibers are combed and going in the same direction resulting in a long length of fiber
- Breed: Merino
- Wet Felting: Ideal for wet and nuno felting projects, produces smooth and tight felt
- Needle Felting: Good for realistic long fur or doll hair and projects that are needle felted and then wet felted
- Responsibly & sustainably sourced...no mulesing
12 Colors of Fiber to blend for beautiful hair and fur. 1/2 oz per color.
The colors included form a great foundation for many hair and fur colors and blends!
At 19.5 microns, the fiber is fine and the staple length averages 2-2.5 inches.
of these characteristics make this Hair and Mane - Fine pack fabulous
for wet felting as well as needle felting hair and fur.
This curated pack of fibers is perfect for needle felting hair for delicate art dolls, coats for pets and wild animals as well as wet felting portraits.
Use if for needle felting 2D portraits of people and animals that are intended to be wet felted, or ones that will not be handled.
This fiber also can also be used in needle felting to create hair onto art dolls, and 3D sculptures of animals.
It is important to note that this fiber should only be used on display projects that are going to be admired from afar.
This delicate, fine fiber can easily mat from handling because of the natural oils on our skin and the roughness of our hands.
If you are looking to needle felt hair onto art dolls, character dolls, and 3D sculptures of animals that are intended to be handled more often,
Check out our Wild & Tame: Hair and Mane Pack - MEDIUM. This fiber pack contains wool that is coarser, which will hold up much better to frequent handling.
Looking for tips on needle felting hairstyles for dolls?
Check out this free tutorial:
Want to see how to blend fiber for various coloring of fur coats in animals?
See this free video tutorial: