Merino Short Fiber Batt- 19 Micron
- Character: Very Smooth, Fine Fiber
- Staple Length: Short Staple approx. 1-2 inches with a nice crimp
- Form: Carded batting is processed in a way that all the fibers are going in different directions resulting in a sheet
- Breed: Merino
- Wet Felting: Wet felts very fast. Ideal for wet and nuno felting projects; produces smooth and tight felt.
- Needle Felting: This fiber's short staple length makes needle felting small details a breeze, especially in 2D projects.
- Quantity Amounts Available: 1oz Minimum
- Responsibly & sustainably sourced...no mulesing
Lovely 19 micron short fiber merino batts, wonderful for your wet felting, and nuno felting projects.
Try this for your wet felted beads
, jewelry and accessories. Fun to use for wet felting sculptural elements where a very tight finish is desired.
Make test pieces if considering for wearables such as clothing, as short fibers tend to pill more readily than long fibers (more short ends to get roughed up)
Batts will tear in very fine layers, batts are not as "uniform" as our MC-1 Batts, so expect "piercings".