100% Silk. Dreamy sari silk scrap fabrics for Nuno felting, crafting, junk journals, hand stitching, decoupage, mixed media and more.
These vintage saris are used and may show signs of a life well-lived. They can now be repurposed and cut into rectangles of approximately 18" x 11", including trims. This curated collection is hand-selected for each color family.
*Make sure to test all fabrics for use in Nuno felting.
- Vintage Silk Saris, 100% Silk
- 10 unique colors in this pack
- 18""L x 11"" Wide (approximate)
- Cuts may include trim and selvage
- Used fabrics for upcycling, may show signs of wear including fraying, discoloration, and small tears.
*A NOTE ON COLORS/DESIGNS IN YOUR PACK - Please consider these "grab bags" and mixed lots, that may have a few surprises. Each Sari is categorized by the main color of the fabric, or the overall color temperature and feeling, however, colors and patterns often shift across a sari. Patterns may change to a solid color, colors may shift from one to another. As a result, you may get a color that does not seem to fit, such as a green inside the warm tones. Thank you for understanding... and we hope you love them!
For complimentary colored luster fibers and Prefelt, check out our Specialty Designer Pack - Fairy Hollow
This pack includes a variety of delicious embellishment fibers in notes of purples, greens, and pinks.
**A FEW NOTES ON NUNO FELTING WITH SILK SARIS -
- Felt with room temperature water (not hot). This helps give the fibers time to migrate into the fabric, vs. felting to themselves.
- We suggest testing your silks and fiber combinations to understand how they felt together.
- Some fabrics are thicker and may require more patience and felting time.
- Thicker fabrics may benefit from having the edges trimmed with wool fibers to help them adhere.
- Thicker areas such as brocades and selvages may not felt well, consider testing them first or trimming them off and using as an add on or in other sewing projects, and junk journals.
- If needed you can add a basting stitch with thread once you reach the prefelt stage or stitch down unfelted fabrics after felting is completed. If this is required, have fun with it and make them decorative! But we suggest not giving up on the felting too soon ;)
- Colors may bleed. These saris have had a full life, they may have been overdyed by a previous owner, or may not be stable with your soap. Keep this in mind when choosing a base fiber, and in protecting your workspace and clothes.
***Photo is representative of current fabrics. Colors may appear different on your monitor than in person.