Needle Felting Kit: 2D Jellyfish
This is a perfect beginner needle felting kit that will help you get a smooth picture, demonstrate basic shading, and add some texture! We will mount our needle felted picture in an embroidery hoop. So much fun to have for those who are even a little more experienced!
Instructions for this kit are on video (see links below).
If you have been wanting to learn how to needle felt, or are just looking for some needle felting inspiration, this is a great project for getting started.
*We would recommend adding an Iron-on Transfer Pen to make transferring any image to your background a breeze! Our Iron-on Transfer Pens come in a variety of colors, perfect for any 2D project. You can find them here or down below in the recommended products section. :)
This kit goes along with our free tutorial -- and if you prefer, you can get the pattern
- 4 Patterns for needle felting jellyfish
- Wool Batting for Needle Felting
- 100% Wool Felt Sheet in our choice of color
- Novelty Yarns and locks
- 6-inch bamboo embroidery hoop
- Iron-on Transfer Pen
- Felting Needles Size 42 Triangle and 40 Triangle or 38 Triangle, we also suggest a "cluster" of 3-5 42 Triangles
- Needle Felting Pad 9x9 or larger
- Wool locks and yarn (the kit will come with a selection of these but feel free to use your own, experiment, and play!)
Watch the Video Tutorial:
* Four drawings of jellyfish are in the included pattern. You can do an image transfer using an iron-on transfer pen, your preferred method of image transfer, or freehand
* *There is plenty of wool to make several jellyfish, so consider adding more locks and extra sheets of wool felt.