Since 2004, our kits have introduced thousands to the art and craft of needle felting. Our Do-it-yourself needle felting workshops are great for beginners! The full color booklet has color photos to guide you step by step.
This pattern goes along with our free tutorial -- and if you prefer, you can get the complete kit
*IMPORTANT NOTE: DOWNLOAD LINK will be in your order summary, both in the "Your Account" section (click on the order) and in your email confirmation.
- You will receive a link for the download in your emailed Order Confirmation.
- You will need to LOG IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT to complete the download, so if you don't have an account, you will need to set one up.
- You can also go to My Account and download the pdf from there.
**Link is only good for one week, please download immediately after ordering. Forgot to download your link? No worries give us a call or send us a message through the CONTACT US page. We will get you taken care of :).
For This Project You Will Need:
- Wool for body & accent color
- Waxed floss for string joints
- Black beads for eyes
- Thread for setting the eyes
- Felting needles (we recommend using a 36 Triangle, 38 Triangle, 40 Triangle)
- A Needle Felting Pad 5x5 or larger
- Wooden skewer
- Doll or Darning Needle
- Sewing Needle
- (Optional) Embroidery Floss for the nose
- (Optional) Odds & Ends for adornments
Helpful Video Tutorial References:
In this tutorial, we create a slightly different version of a string-jointed bear. This video tutorial may be helpful in the string jointing process. The shape of the bears is relatively the same but if you have never needle felted before check it out! You will learn how to needle felt basic 3D shapes with wool and how to string joint your bear's arms and head.