Digital Download: Needle Felting Tutorial: 2D Mushroom
The PDF download includes a variety of different styles of mushrooms so you can create your own, personalized mushroom scape.
This pattern goes along with our free tutorial -- and if you prefer, you can get the complete kit
*IMPORTANT NOTE: DOWNLOAD LINK will be in your order summary, both in the "Your Account" section (click on the order) and in your email confirmation.
- You will receive a link for the download in your emailed Order Confirmation.
- You can also go to My Account and download the pdf from there.
**Link is only good for one week, please download immediately after ordering. Forgot to download your link? No worries give us a call or send us a message through the CONTACT US page. We will get you taken care of :).
***This document is a PDF, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader
For This Project You Will Need:
- Dyed Wool Batting
- A fun selection of green luster fibers and wool to create the mossy goodness at the base of your mushrooms
- Linen fabric or your choice of wool felt
- Iron-on Transfer Pen
- Needle Felting Foam Pad (10x7 or larger)
- Felting Needles 38 Triangle or 38 Star, 42Triangle
- Additional background fabric if you plan to make multiple mushrooms (we suggest Linen fabric or 100% Wool Felt fabric)
Watch the Video Tutorial:
You will learn how to transfer an image onto the fabric of your choosing. Once your image is transferred you will learn how to blend your wool to the desired colors and how to apply shading with wool.
In Part 2 of this tutorial, you will finish off your 2D Mushroom pictures by adding some Mossy goodness aka grass, leaves, and undergrowth.