MC-1 Merino Cross Batt- 25 Micron
- Character: Medium, Fine Fiber
- Staple Length: Short Staple approx. 1-2 inches with a nice crimp
- Form: Carded batting is processed in a way that all the fibers are going in different directions resulting in a sheet
- Breed: Merino blended with other U.S. raised wools
- Wet Felting: Produces a sturdy, tight wet felt. Not quite fine enough for "next to the skin" wearables...it does work well for felting slippers, booties, hats, pictures, vessels, etc.
- Needle Felting: Our favorite fiber for 2D and 3D needle felting! This fiber's short staple length makes needle felting a breeze. Needle felts very smoothly and creates a sturdy felt.
- Quantity Amounts Available: 1/8oz, 1/2oz, 1oz
- Responsibly & sustainably sourced...no mulesing
These lovely merino cross felting wool batts lay out fast and felt fast. Perfect for needle felting and wet felting.
Most wool colors have a slightly "heathered" or “variegated” look which adds depth and interest to your felting and needle felting projects.
These batts are gorgeous in color and uniform in texture. They needle felt beautifully and will make a nice felt that is sturdy and strong.
LIVING FELT BRAND MC-1™ Merino Cross Batts was specially developed by us for superior felting using both needle felting and wet felting techniques.
The color variations will give you many shades for the detail and realism you desire in your creations. We know you will love them!
*Sourced and Made in the U.S.A. The wool in our MC-1™ Batts are from sheep raised on U.S. Farms, supporting the American farmer.
BIO-PROCESSED: This Living Felt wool was processed and washed using a bio-degradable Eco-Friendly GREEN soap and green process. NO harsh chemicals are used, and the wool is not carbonized.
*Small amounts of vegetable matter in the wool is common and to be expected.*