Needle Felting Kit: Sandpiper 3D Sculpture
This needle felted sandpiper is a fun DIY project and very beginner friendly for needle felting birds in 3D.
Instructions for this kit are on video (see links below).
It will make great décor for a beach or coastal themed home or room, and is a fantastic gift for a friend or relative.
*Felting Needles and Foam/Pad are not included in this kit.
**If this is your first time needle felting, we would strongly suggest adding these two items to your cart. You can view all our Felting Needle offerings here and our Needle Felting Foams and Pads here. You can also find the recommended Felting Needles and Foam/Pads down below in the recommended products section. :)
Kit Includes Enough for 2 Birds:
- CW-1 Core Wool
- Dyed wool batting
- 100% Wool Felt Sheet
- Armature Wire
- Glass Eyes (2 pairs)
- Patterns/Supporting Diagrams
- PVA Glue or Fabric Stiffener
- Permanent glue
- Wood or other material to mount your bird OR Extra wire for free-standing feet
- For free-standing feet, consider the height and weight of your bird (see video for instruction)
- Felting needles coarse to fine: 36 Triangle, 38 Star, Spiral or Star Spiral, 42 Triangle
- Needle Felting Pad 9x9 or larger
- (Optional, but helpful) Awl
Watch the Video Tutorial: