Needle Felting PDF: Sandpiper 3D Sculpture
This needle felted sandpiper is a fun DIY project and very beginner friendly for needle felting birds in 3D.
It will make great décor for a beach or coastal themed home or room, and is a fantastic gift for a friend or relative.
This PDF download includes a full supply list of all the materials you will need plus the patterns for the body shape and wings.
This pattern goes along with our free video tutorial -- and if you prefer, you can get the complete kit
Instructions for this kit are on video (see links below).
*IMPORTANT NOTE: DOWNLOAD LINK will be in your order summary, both in the "Your Account" section (click on the order) and in your email confirmation.
- You will receive a link for the download in your emailed Order Confirmation.
- You can also go to My Account and download the pdf from there.
**Link is only good for one week, please download immediately after ordering. Forgot to download your link? No worries give us a call or send us a message through the CONTACT US page. We will get you taken care of :).
***This document is a PDF, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader
- CW-1 Core Wool
- Dyed wool batting
- 100% Wool Felt Sheet
- 18g Covered Armature Wire
- Glass Eyes 7mm
- Patterns/Supporting Diagrams
- PVA Glue or Fabric Stiffener
- Permanent glue
- Wood or other material to mount your bird OR Extra wire for free-standing feet
- For free-standing feet, consider the height and weight of your bird (see video for instruction)
- Felting needles coarse to fine: 36 Triangle, 38 Star, Spiral or Star Spiral, 42 Triangle
- Needle Felting Pad 9x9 or larger
- (Optional, but helpful) Awl
Watch the Video Tutorial: