CW-1 Core Wool Roving- 26 Micron
100% Wool, LIVING FELT Brand Super Premium CW-1 Core Wool Fiber for needle felting or wet felting.
Simply the best core wool for felting and needle felting!
- Character: Medium, Fine Fiber
- Staple Length: Short Staple approx. 1-2 inches with a nice crimp
- Form: Carded batting is processed in a way that all the fibers are going in different directions resulting in a sheet
- Breed: Our special blend of U.S. raised wools
- Wet Felting: Makes a stiff foundation to wet felting projects. If you are felting larger projects or flat works such as pictures, wall hangings and 3d Wet felts, you might prefer our CW-1 Core Wool Batting.
- Needle Felting: You will absolutely love how quickly and easily this core wool batt needle felts! This fiber has the perfect crimp and provides a wonderful base for your needle felting projects. If you needle felt 3D sculptures such as needle felted animals, you might prefer our CW-1 Core Wool Roving! We pack it loose in 8oz bags so you can easily pull it out and get right to work!
- Quantity Amounts Available: 4oz & 8oz bundles available. Looking for a larger quantity? We offer an 8oz 6pk at a bulk discount!
- Responsibly & sustainably sourced...no mulesing
We have specially sourced this fiber for its wonderful quality and supreme feltability - it is a perfect core wool batting! We know you are going to love it as much as we do!
Living Felt CW-1 Core Wool batts are LOFTY and very consistent in texture.
If you have never tried our CW-1 Core Wool, we are confident you will absolutely love how quickly and easily this core wool roving needle felts! The fiber has the perfect crimp and provides a wonderful base for your needle felting projects or wet felted pictures.
If you needle felt 3D sculptures such as needle felted animals, you might prefer our CW-1 Core Wool Roving! We pack it loose in 8oz bags so you can easily pull it out and get right to work! It is not meant as clean top surface wool, but some people use it for that anyway!
Color - Off White / Aged White / Undyed / Unbleached / Natural.
Bergschaf will needle felt firmly, it is a bit more coarse but very satisfying to needle felt.
This wool does contain some vegetable matter, also referred to as "VM", but it is clean and washed in an eco-friendly, nonscented soap.
Made in the U.S.A. from happy sheep raised on U.S. Farms.
Washed in an eco-friendly, bio-degradable soap, ...because we care!
There are no harsh or perfumey odors....it just smells like clean fleece.
Which Wool is Best for Dryer Balls?
We are often asked which wool is best to make dryer balls...and for us, the answer is easy!
For dryer balls, the wool we suggest is our CW-1 Wool Roving.
A lot of different types of wool can be used, however, we suggest this for multiple reasons:
- It is not treated with any dyes
- It has been eco-washed, and air dried
- It is non-carbonized = no harsh chemicals were used in processing it
- It will needle felt or wet felt readily
- Because it is a roving that comes in a bag, you can easily reel it out of the bag and easily wrap it into very tight balls for felting.