CW-1 Core Wool Batting- 26 Micron
100% Wool, LIVING FELT Brand Super Premium CW-1 Core Wool Fiber for needle felting or wet felting.
Simply the best core wool for felting and needle felting!
- Character: Medium, Fine Fiber
- Staple Length: Short Staple approx. 1-2 inches with a nice crimp
- Form: Carded batting is processed in a way that all the fibers are going in different directions resulting in a sheet
- Breed: Our special blend of U.S. raised wools
- Wet Felting: Makes a stiff foundation to wet felting projects such as wall hangings, pods, cat caves, etc.
- Needle Felting: You will absolutely love how quickly and easily this core wool batt needle felts! This fiber has the perfect crimp and provides a wonderful base for your needle felting projects. Use it as the "core" inside your needle felted shapes
- Quantity Amounts Available: 4oz & 8oz bundles available. Looking for a larger quantity? We offer an 8oz 6pk at a bulk discount!
- Responsibly & sustainably sourced...no mulesing
We have specially sourced this fiber for its wonderful quality and supreme feltability - it is a perfect core wool batting! We know you are going to love it as much as we do!
Living Felt CW-1 Core Wool batts are LOFTY and very consistent in texture.
Many people use this core wool batting to create base shapes and then overlay dyed or bright white wool on top because it is so affordable. This wool does contain some vegetable matter, also referred to as "VM", but it is clean and washed in an eco-friendly, nonscented soap. It is not meant as clean top surface wool, but some people use it for that anyway!
Color - Off White / Aged White / Undyed / Unbleached / Natural.
Looking for a dyed Core Wool? We would suggest our Bergschaf Batting
! Bergschaf will needle felt firmly, it is a bit more coarse but very satisfying to needle felt.
Made in the U.S.A. from happy sheep raised on U.S. Farms.
Washed in an eco-friendly, bio-degradable soap, ...because we care!
There are no harsh or perfumey odors....it just smells like clean fleece.