Yak Top- 18 Micron
- Character: Soft, fine fiber
- Staple Length: Approximately 2 inches
- Form: Top/Sliver is processed in a way that all the fibers are combed and going direction resulting in a long length
- Breed: Tibetan Yak
- Wet Felting: Perfect for next to skin wearables neck warmers, scarves and hats.
- Needle Felting: Perfect for shorter doll hair and realistic animal fur.
- Quantity Amounts Available: 1oz Minimum
- Responsibly & sustainably sourced...no mulesing
Our Yak Top fiber is naturally colored and never dyed.
Yak Top is as soft as a cloud, comparable to Cashmere.
Wool has naturally occurring scales that allow the felting process to happen, but did you know so does Yak? Yak does have scales, but they are much smaller than wool fiber scales. Smaller or fewer scales mean this fiber may take a little longer to felt.
*When attaching Yak fiber to your needle felted project, we would recommend using a small amount of wool at the base to anchor it into place.*