- Printed instructions and pattern for making your own gorgeous cowl/head warmer AND our original print instructions for Nuno felting a scarf
- Merino Top (in the colors shown)
- Silk Hankies (in the colors shown)
- Sari Silk Waste (in the colors shown)
- Viscose (in the colors shown)
- A beautiful dyed silk gauze scarf to match your color choices.
*If we are out of an item, we may substitute within the same color scheme.*
With the COWL option, you will have fiber leftover, and if you follow the same amount of fiber and silk we used, you can MAKE TWO with this kit!
**You may want to bring your own up-cycled silks in a variety of patterns for this project, as demonstrated in the video.**
- Pool noodle, closet pole
- Bubble wrap
- Mesh fabric
- Clear Plastic
- Olive oil soap or other non-sudsy hard milled soap
- Ball Brause and/or Sponge
- (Optional) Silk Gauze 3.5mm or Margilan Silks Use Yardage or cut from a scarf
Watch the Video Tutorial:
In this tutorial, you will learn how to wet felt over a resist and how to incorporate silk into your wet felt projects.
In Part 1 of this tutorial, you will learn about the tools needed for the Nuno felt process and how to start your layout process.
In Part 2 of this tutorial, you will complete your wool layout for your scarf and learn how to add your silk elements.
In Part 3 of this tutorial, we will go over how to wet felt your scarf.
In Part 4 of this tutorial, you will learn how to roll and full your scarf.