Needle Felting: Chickadee Tutorial PDF
This is a great project to teach basic needle felting skills including; beginning armature for free-standing sculptures, working with core wool, learning to work with our famous felting batts, and learning our techniques for "piecing" clothes and accessories.
Learn to needle felt very firm and very smooth with our awesome wool fibers and great felting needles.
Instructions are included in this PDF -- but if you prefer, you can get the complete kit here
This PDF download includes a full supply list of all the materials you will need plus the pattern for the little gnome and pumpkin.
This pattern goes along with our free video tutorial -- and if you prefer, you can get the complete kit!
*IMPORTANT NOTE: DOWNLOAD LINK will be in your order summary, both in the "Your Account" section (click on the order) and in your email confirmation.
- You will receive a link for the download in your emailed Order Confirmation.
- You will need to LOG IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT to complete the download, so if you don't have an account, you will need to set one up.
- You can also go to My Account and download the pdf from there.
**Link is only good for one week, please download immediately after ordering. Forgot to download your link? No worries give us a call or send us a message through the CONTACT US page. We will get you taken care of :).
***This document is a PDF, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader
For This Project You Will Need:
- CW-1 Core Wool for body
- MC-1 Wool Batts in True Red and Charcoal Gray for the body color, clothes/accessories + wool for beak and eyes
- CX-2 Winter White for body and face
- 22G Black Wire for armature
- Felting needles (we recommend using a 36 Triangle, 38 Triangle, 40 Triangle, 42 Triangle)
- Needle Felting Pad 5x5 or larger
- Wire Cutters
Looking for More Needle Felting Projects?
These ornaments are easy to make and a great starter project for needle felting, but even more experienced needle felters will have fun making them...and the designs are endless.
This is a great beginner needle felting project and includes how to insert glass eyes, and how to hang your felted ornaments. In this free needle felting tutorial, Marie Spaulding will teach you how to needle felt a 3d barn owl ornament.
You will learn how to needle felt a super cute Racoon, lovingly named Mr. Fiddles. This is a great beginner needle felting project as we will build him from simple shapes. He would make a great gift or an ornament and is a great project for learning how to needle felt shapes, how to get your needle felting smooth, and how to make thin ears with layers of color.