New Zealand Corriedale - 27-30 Micron
- Character: Medium Fiber
- Staple Length: Approximately 4-4.5 inches
- Form: Top/Sliver is processed in a way that all the fibers are combed and going direction resulting in a long length
- Breed: Corriedale
- Wet Felting: Wet felts easily, creates a tight felt
- Needle Felting: Good for realistic long fur on needle felted animals, doll hair, and even beards
- Quantity Amounts Available: 1 oz Minimum
- Responsibly & sustainably sourced...no mulesing
The fiber has a longer staple length; it makes perfect fur for needle felted critters. New Zealand is a more wiry fiber which helps it achieve a more natural animal coat.
To create a variegated coat for your needle felted animals, you can easily blend New Zealand with other long fibers such as Merino Top, Alpaca, and Merino Top Silk Blends.
You can add design elements to 2D pictures & landscapes when wet felted, and add details to projects that are needle felted and then wet felted.
New Zealand Corriedale may not be ideal for wet felting as it is a little rough against the skin; the resulting felt can also be a little wiry.