Bergschaf Batting - 33 Micron
- Character: Medium to Semi Coarse Fiber
- Staple Length: Short Staple approx. 1-2 inches with a nice crimp
- Form: Carded batting is processed in a way that all the fibers are going in different directions resulting in a sheet
- Breed: Bergschaf
- Wet Felting: Wet felts easily, creates a firm felt
- Needle Felting: Needle felts firmly, semi-smooth, semi fuzzy … trim or shave fuzzies as desired
- Quantity Amounts Available: 1 oz Minimum
- Responsibly & sustainably sourced...no mulesing
*Great for use as colored core wool in your felting projects*
If a color of our MC-1 is not available, you might like Bergschaf as a substitute. It is a bit more coarse but very satisfying to needle felt and wet felt.
The wool will needle felt firmly, which is great.
It also is good for wet felting firm vessels, slippers, purses, etc. For some people, it may not be soft enough for the inside of a hat, but try it out for your other wet felting projects.
Bergschaf sheep come from Austria, Germany, and Italy