Needle Felting Kit: 2D Fox Painting with Wool
We are so excited to bring you another "first" in teaching and sharing "how-to" needle felt! This kit will take you step by step through the process
of referencing a picture to needle felt a 2D wool painting!
This kit will help you learn to focus on small details so you can needle felt realistic 2D animal pictures.
You can also use the provided outline of the artwork to practice over and over or enlarge it to focus on specific areas.
This kit includes written instructions -- but if you already have all the supplies, you can a downloadable pattern
- A full-color booklet with step-by-step photos
- Full-color painting of a fox as a reference photo
- Directions for blending wool to create more colors in your palette
- Black and white "outline" of the fox artwork that you can copy and transfer to felt or other fabric with a Transfer Pen
- 8" x 12" 100% Wool Felt Sheet
- MC-1 Wool batting for fox and background (all the wool in the colors needed for this project)
Deluxe Kit Includes:
- Earth Harmony Foam Pad 10x7
- Felting Needles 42 Triangle and 38 Triangle (one each)
*The finished picture is approximately 8.5" x 10".
- Felting Needles (we recommend a 42 Triangle and a 38 Triangle)
- Needle Felting Pad 10x7 or larger
- Iron-on Transfer Pen
*If you don't have an iron-transfer pen (or other means to transfer the image) make sure to get the pen, it is easy to use and great! :)
Looking for More 2D Needle Felting Projects?I'll Be Gnome for Christmas
A fun and festive, easy, beginner project for Christmas décor, great for crafts lovers and needle felting. This tutorial will show you how to transfer images to dark fabrics and how to needle felt both gnome patterns shown.
Needle Felting Pictures - Hobbit House
Join us in the shire today for a little plain air needle felting of a friendly little hobbit house. A virtual vacation to Hobbiton in New Zealand is just our speed this week, so grab your knapsack, and let's go!
Needle Felt a 2D Mushroom Picture Tutorial
You will learn how to transfer an image onto the fabric of your choosing. Once your image is transferred you will learn how to blend your wool to the desired colors and how to apply shading with wool. In Part 2 of this tutorial, you will finish off your 2D Mushroom pictures by adding some Mossy goodness aka grass, leaves, and undergrowth.