Needle Felting Kit: 2D Cardinal Painting with Wool
We are so excited to bring you another "first" in teaching and sharing "how-to" needle felt! This kit will take you step by step through the process
of referencing a picture to needle felt a 2D wool painting!
This kit will help you learn to focus on small details so you can needle felt realistic 2D animal pictures.
You can also use the provided outline of the artwork to practice over and over or enlarge it to focus on specific areas.
*We would recommend adding an Iron-on Transfer Pen to make transferring any image to your background a breeze! Our Iron-on Transfer Pens come in a variety of colors, perfect for any 2D project. You can find them here or down below in the recommended products section. :)
This kit includes written instructions -- but if you already have all the supplies, you can a downloadable pattern
- A full-color booklet with step-by-step photos
- Full-color painting of a cardinal as a reference photo
- Directions for blending wool to create more colors in your palette
- Black and white "outline" of the cardinal artwork that you can copy and transfer to felt or other fabric with a Transfer Pen
- 8" x 12" 100% Wool Felt Sheet
- Wool batting for cardinal and background (all the wool in the colors needed for this project)
*The finished picture is approximately 8.5" x 10".
- Felting Needles (we recommend a 42 Triangle and a 38 Triangle)
- Needle Felting Pad 10x7 or larger
- Iron-on Transfer Pen