Silk Excelsior Fabric from Uzbekistan
- Light Weight Silk, yet rich and luxurious yardage for nuno felting, dyeing, batik, fiber art
- A tighter weave than the "Margilan Silk" and "Silk Gauze" but still lighter than our Habotai silk from China
- 90cm Wide (approximately) = roughly 36" wide available in full yards (ordering 2 or more will result in a continuous length)
- The Uzbek Silk Gauze is lighter weight is so dreamy to nuno felt with! See our sample photos and call with questions. This is a delicate fabric
- This fabric will acid dye beautifully and will be great for nuno felted items, especially for nuno felting wearables that you want to be light weight and drapey.
- This fabric creates a gentle but gorgeous puckering or "rouching" and you can clump and cluster it for gorgeous surface design effects in your nuno felts.
*Very often people want to learn how to nuno felt wonderful garments like the Russian felt makers create ...
Notice that you can clump and cluster the fabric as desired, the fabric comes in a natural white, and dyes beautifully!
*Some of us Americans have been calling ALL of the silks from Uzbekistan "Margilan Silk", however I have conferred with the factory and offer these corrections to terms:
MARGILAN SILK = Rarified Silk Gauze = the lightest weight, great for lining on garments, and in nuno felt surface design.
GAUZE = The medium weight. Rouches nicely (rouching is smaller than Habotai which is from China)
EXCELSIOR = Heavier weight. Rouches nicely, (rouching is smaller than Habotai which is from China)