Prefelt Wool Fabric - 100% Merino 19.5 micron
This gorgeous pre-felt fabric is 100% Australian Merino Wool, processed in Europe by lightly needle felting the fibers into a sheet.
This prefelt is wonderful for making felted garments, scarves and shawls where "next to the skin" soft is oh so important.
This prefelt is light, very soft and can be divided into even thinner layers. Cut out distinctive shapes for felt inlays and overlays.
- Available by the yard, and smaller increments
- 19 .5 Micron (dreamy soft!!)
- 120 cm Wide (approx. 47" wide)
- 140 grams per meter (= a little less than 5 oz per yard
- Shrinkage up to 50%
- Bright White -- a good match for Lily White in Merino Top and for use with blacks and grays where a brighter white is desired.
Smaller sizes may be most suitable for needle felting projects such as for clothing and accessories of smaller sculptures.
Medium sizes are great for piecing into to wet felting projects and inlays.
Larger sizes are great for wearables.
*During busy times, custom cuts of yardage may add 1 day to shipping.
*The weight of this prefelt is not suitable for pictures, please see our PFX prefelt batts.
Lily White in Merino Top and prefelt pair nicely,
while French Vanilla (undyed) Merino top goes well with Natural White Prefelt.